Tuesday, November 23, 2010

ACEO Sea Turtles and Coral Reef

"Spirit of Travel"

What a wild week!  Two power outages, living out in the forest on a bay at sea level becomes 'wild' when it snows and the winds pick up.  Two 80+ foot Douglas fir trees came crashing down last night in the forest near our house.  It was exciting.  Power was out but my family was watching Happy Feet on my daughter's laptop by the roaring wood stove and candle light.  Today the power was restored, so I'm working away to list a few items in our gallery. 

My love of turtles has been with me since childhood.  I grew up in west Texas and after a spring rain - box turtles could be found walking out on the roads.  My siblings and I rescued numerous turtles and we kept a few in our yard where they fed on cicadas, June bugs and prickly pear fruit.  I worked with Kemp's Ridley sea turtles in Dallas during the mid 80's. 

Here is my newest painting celebrating 'sharing and traveling'.  Sea turtles travel the world's oceans and the females return to the beach where they were born to lay their eggs.  This ACEO has some silver and blue sparkling ink added (a touch of magic).



SOLD


No comments:

Post a Comment