Thursday, February 3, 2011

Dedicated to Queensland, AU "Great White Shark and Spirit" ACEO

"The Spirit of Power and Beauty"


(Detail of Painting) SOLD

To my 'family' in Oz, may you be safe and experience brighter days - very soon! ♥♥♥


Queenslanders are Ace! -  Fair Dinkum!!

UPDATE Feb. 21: Thank goodness, my Family in Oz is Safe and they are continuing to clean-up around the property.  Great news that Cairns and surrounding towns are picking up the garden floral debris/waste curbside so individuals don't have to cart all the palm fronds and tree branches away themselves. Also, wonderful news that Mrs. Willy Wagtail and her babies survived Cyclone Yasi and visited the garden for their worms after the storm.


The past weeks have brought great challenges from 'Mother Nature' worldwide.  It seems half the US is covered in snow and ice and there are countless floods across the globe.  I have a special place in my heart for Queensland, Australia - it's my second 'home'.  I have made four wonderful journeys there since 1996 and the spirit of the people never ceases to amaze me.  With meticulous precision, my dearest friends of 30 years, began preparing for a massive hurricane headed directly for northern Queensland where they live near Cairns.  Floods have been flowing for weeks in Queensland south of Cairns and this monster storm looked as if it would engulf Queensland! 


Cyclone (hurricane) Yasi reached category 5 (Katrina) yesterday before hitting the eastern coast.  Today, the destruction is being assessed amid pouring rains and additional flooding.  Aussies are celebrating the fact that three new babies arrived in Queensland during Yasi!  Far Northern Queenslanders are experts at preparing for cyclones - we can learn from the preparation and positive spirit and attitudes of our Aussie brothers and sisters. 

I am continuing my series of "Mother Earth" miniatures (I sold three last week, and I shall blog photos of them soon).  I painted "The Spirit of Power and Beauty" during Cyclone Yasi, in dedication to the Spirit and Attitude of Queenslanders.  A lifelong passion for sharks has consumed me and I love the grace and beauty of the human figure.  My dearest friends, Jim and Susan and I have been communicating about nature, sharks, ecosystems, global challenges, and the love of kitty cats for over 30 years across the 'big pond' known by its other name: the Pacific Ocean.  Coral2Cove (My eBay name, website and studio gallery) comes from my love for the Coral Sea and a quaint little place on Puget Sound, Pirate's Cove. 

Although, I have not heard from Jim and Susan yet, I feel certain that they are (hopefully sleeping as I type this) fine and will be cleaning up around the property from all the blow down of palm fronds, banana plants and tree limbs.  Oh, I hope the little wild bird, 'Mrs. Willy wagtail' that visits the garden for her worms each day - made it through the storm.  She has been raising and feeding her chicks grubs for years provided by her human family.


From the sale of this ACEO, I shall be making a donation to the relief fund for Queensland.  Last month I donated to: http://www.qld.gov.au/floods/donate.html


This art card is priced at $1.00 to encourage bidding - I shall make a minimum donation to Queensland of $20 and more if the card sells for more.


  The Power of Mother Nature - the Beauty and Spirit of Queensland, Australia

 

Great White Shark and Spirit "The Spirit of Power and Beauty" SOLD
FOR SALE starting at $1.00
2.5" x 3.5" watercolor and ink

Coral2Cove Studio Gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment